Are you recently engaged or planning to get down on one knee this year? We’re looking for the Perfect Prosposal of 2018 to reward with a fantastic star prize - a luxurious 7 night honeymoon in Mauritius! So whether it’s an intimate, romantic occasion or something a little quirky and unique, we’d love to hear about it.
To enter, simply fill in the form below and share your proposal story with us. Don’t forget to link us to any photos or videos as we’ll be sharing the best entries over on our Facebook page. Good luck!
1. One couple will be awarded the grand prize of a 7-night holiday to Mauritius. The prize consists of return flights to Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport, transfers and 7 nights at a fabulous 4* resort.
2. The return airline tickets will depart from London or Manchester with a date chosen by the winner within the dates specified by Destination2.
3. The entry dates of this competition are between 14th February and 31st December 2018. The winner will be chosen at random and contacted in January 2019.
4. In order to enter the competition, fill out the form on our website. Only one entry per person and complete forms will be considered for entry including photos and videos of the proposal. Once the initial stage is complete, we will select a shortlist of entries and open public voting to narrow down the top five entries. The winner will then be picked by our judging panel from these entries.
5. Travel will be available between 1st May 2019 and 15th October 2019 (excluding 15th July to 4th September, additional school holiday periods and bank holidays). Chosen dates will be subject to availability and Destination2 will provide three alternative dates from your chosen airport (as listed above). Should the three dates provided not be acceptable to the winner, there will be no further obligation on Destination2 to provide another suitable alternative holiday.
6. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Destination2 reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants. Proof of marriage will be required for the winner to redeem their prize. If, for any reason this is not provided within 14 days of being notified by Destination2, the winner will forfeit the prize without entitlement to any kind of compensation or payment.
7. Only one entry per person per competition is allowed and any entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum will be disqualified. Where a winner has been selected and Destination2.co.uk discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one entry, Destination2.co.uk reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these rules. During the shortlist voting process, only one vote per person will be accepted and if it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this term by, for example, the use of 'brute force', 'script' or any automated or non-automated means, that person/those e-mail addresses will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
8. The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of Destination2, their immediate families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
9. In consideration of Destination2.co.uk agreeing to consider entrants to the competition, each entrant hereby agrees that Destination2.co.uk (and third parties authorised by Destination2.co.uk may make any and all entries available in their publications and on their websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future. You now grant Destination2.co.uk (and third parties authorised by Destination2.co.uk) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
10. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Destination2.co.uk reserves the right to use the names and locality of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
11. The prize is not redeemable for cash, non-transferrable or non-endorsable. Requests for alternative regional airport departures, increased holiday durations and additional passengers may be purchased at additional cost.
12. The winner will become the lead traveller of the booking and must be aged 18 or above. In addition, the winner and the winner’s travel companion must travel together and all components of the prize must be taken together.
13. The prize does not include domestic UK transfers, travel insurance, spending monies or incidental costs (such as additional meals, telephone calls, mini bar items, laundry etc) other than those stated. The prize winner accepts that they will be responsible for obtaining travel insurance which is a compulsory condition of winning the holiday.
14. The prize does not include any local taxes or gratuities which must be paid by the winner locally.
15. The winner is responsible for their own and his/her travel companion having valid passports/visas. We cannot be held responsible for any visa granted incorrectly or refused admission to Mauritius. We strongly recommend that you check detail in your Entry Permits/Visas against your passport and personal information prior to departure.
16. The winner will be notified by email by Destination2 and given details of how to claim his/her prize. If a winner does not respond to Destination2 within 14 days of being notified by Destination2 then the winner’s prize will be forfeited. The winner, whose prize has been forfeited, is not entitled to payment or compensation of any kind.
17. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes. Destination2 retain the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available. No purchase is necessary to win.
18. Destination2 accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of accepting the prize. Destination2 further disclaim liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Prize draw. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner (and his/her travel companion) may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by Destination2 in its/their absolute discretion.
19. Destination2 reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Destination2 in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. Destination2 shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
21. Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent. Data relating to entrants will be retained by Destination2.co.uk for a reasonable period after the competition closes to assist Destination2.co.uk to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the competition. If you agree to receive promotional emails from Destination2.co.uk, your data will be retained for these purposes.
22. Destination2.co.uk of Hanover Buildings, 11-13 Hanover Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom, L1 3DN (Company Registration Number 10109959) is a fully bonded member (Agent Number M262X) of The Global Travel Group Ltd, UK Company Registration Number 2774722.